This is Jack dressed in his "handsome guy clothes" for church this morning. He is totally a cotton pants/shirt kinda guy, but every now and then I can dress him in jeans and layered shirts, which is the epitome of cuteness with little boys to me. Don't be deceived by all the handsomeness though....he never made it to Sunday school. He still freaks out every week because he wants to be with me. But he sure did look cute walking to the car in an empty parking lot during the church service! I remain hopeful about church. Something will just click and he'll stop picthing fits about it, right? Maybe he'll meet a friend. Maybe he'll see a cute girl in his class. Or maybe I should make him do push-ups in the parking lot every time he throws a fit! Funny thing is...he is SO into learning about God and Jesus. He loves reading the kids bible and he always asks me questions about God...but church is a different story. And we even go to a really cool, modern, fun church! Oh well. In time. Stinker.

He sure does look hansome! I am sorry he doesn't like church. I taught sunday school last year at our church and we never had a problem with a parent bringing the child into the classroom between services so they could get use to the room. We even allowed the parent to stay for a little while. Will your church allow you to do this? Maybe if he feels comfortable there and then gets to meet some of the othrs kids he will be okay. It is hard, sometime unfamiliar places are really hard for kids. But like you said, in time, it will happen :)
ReplyDeletewow, sorry for all the mis-spelling in my post. I was typing too fast!
ReplyDeleteyou made it three days...yea!! :)
ReplyDeletelove jack in his handsome guy clothes...it is rare, but AWFULLY cute!