This happiness is due the doctors appt. we had with Jack today. We were confirmed that he is highly allergic to sugar and animals.....and has a lot of other chemical imbalances. But the great news is that we are going to have him treated for it through natural therepy (no drugs or shots or poison) that will take his allergies away completely. If it were any other allergy, we'd try avoidance first....but sugar is in everything! Even fruit!! It would be an impossible life for him. It will take about 4 months, but he will someday be able to eat birthday cake at a party and NOT throw himself on the ground in tears immediately after. It will also train us all to keep sugar out of their diet as much as possible. We will also have the option to treat him for his animal allergy this summer after the sugar therepy is complete. Jack's natureopath is an angel!!! I call her his BMW, which stands for the beautiful medicine woman. Beth, you are so right. When I first met her, I thought....I want what she has.....a glow around her like an angel. She is so balanced and at peace and wonderful at whats he does. I'v already seen Jack, the real one, reappear recently since the therepy started. He is now eating FULL meals and his coloring is coming back. I left the appt. with so much hope today. I wanted to cry. Most people don't understand what we go through everyday with him. And the worst part is that he is suffering.... from chronic misery. He walks around like an exhausted zombie all day long, with little or no conrol over his actions. Now I know why. He is allergic to something that is IN EVERYTHING, so his body is always in reaction mode, which wears him out. I did cry yesterday afternoon by myself in sheer joy that my little man will get to feel normal and happy someday soon. Until then, we've got a lot of doctors visits and food avoidance, but it's all so do-able. Praise GOD!!! He is always good folks. I've prayed so hard for this. Thank you Beth for saving Jack from years and years of suffering and being misunderstood as a behavior issue. If you had not suggested we go visit Deb, it could have been 5 more years before we figured this out. You are an angel.
{Side note: Kaitlin had a game today. She scored 6 points, I think....maybe more, I was too busy focusing on how terrible the ref was!!! They lost becuase the ref was clearly being paid by the other team. He called one foul after another on us and CLEARLY did not call atleast 5 or 6 fouls on the other team that resulted in many unfair points on the board. He was really bad.....people were yelling at him and getting kicked out of the game in anger. Crazy. That's why sports are so unfair. You've got these people making or breaking the games who are half alseep on the sidelines or favoring one team over the other. It's unfair and annoying and ruins the fun of the game.

Suzy, that is fantastic news. I know it must have been terribly hard for you as a mom to feel helpless and see your child suffering. I am going to pray things get better and better!
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of your and Eric. Ya'll are just as cute as your were in 1993! How is it possible that we are in our 30's now?!!
Suz, I am so happy you guys have a confirmed diagnosis for Jack. I know you guys have to be so relieved! Sugar is in everything but you are right you guys can control this, and soon your little boy will be back to his happy self again. I have a family friend whose son was just diagnosed with sugar allergy and it took nearly two years to get this confirmation. Let me know if you would like her email address...she may be able to help you with food ideas.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Kaitlin! Sorry that the game didn't go well. I remember so many of those kind of games when I was younger, especially when I use to play East Marietta basketball.
oh my gosh Suz, what amazing news to have received about Jack's allergy. I know it isn't going to be easy to avoid foods with sugar but at least you now have an answer and can begin to take the right steps to helping him feel better! PRAISE GOD!!!
ReplyDelete