

I can cook. Yes, I did just write that. And I love eating healthy foods. And after the last 21 days of eating nothing but delicious, organic foods, I won't go back to the way I use to eat. Neither will my children.....as long as they live under my roof.


I love my family. And I love snow. And I especially love being with my family, surrounded by snow. But I am so thankful that I do not live in it every day.

(Day's 1st birthday party)
Children are a blessing. And God has trusted Eric and I with ours. So we better pay closer attention to the way we are raising them. I've made alot of mistakes, but I recognize them, and I am making every effort to change the kind of parent that I am. In short..... I need to be stronger, wiser, and more in control. They are showered with love, and I mean showered......but there's more to raising kids than loving them. A lot of people love their kids and fail miserably at raising them. I will not be one of those people. I also learned that I need to visit my family in Mississippi more often. They're good peeps.

Jack plays video games too much and doesn't get enough sun and excersize. And I can't spell that word. And now that he is aware of his own health and the foods that he is putting in his body, he has agreed with me to make a few changes to his habits. He has to get outside and run around for 15 minutes everday. For now. This spring that will increase, and this summer too. Some days he only runs circles around the house, but its better than nothing, and I do it with him. And we laugh together at how crazy we look.

Kaitlin is growing up fast.
Other wierd things that I learned:
i LoVe reading books that teach me about something I can use. i read 3 books in 21 days. that's a record for me.
my husband really loves me. more than i deserve. way more.
i am a stronger person than i thought.
i can COOK.
i have awesome friends.
i need to wear sunscreen and floss every day.
i love myself the most when i am alone with God.
i will do this 21 day "cleanse" every year, maybe twice a year, for the rest of my life.
Way to go Suz, what an amazing thing to say you have done. Not sure if I could have done it but I know it made you stand back and look at your life and what you could do to make it better for you and your family....
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am glad you are back to blogging, I like to check in on your life :)
Good for you Suzy:-) I too have changed the way I eat and feel a ton better. I only eat organic, non-processed foods and love it!!! Taking a break for 21 days a year is a great idea, everyone should do it!!
ReplyDeleteso glad to have you back in the blog world, but even happier to have seen you in REAL LIFE during your break from it. i love you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful thoughts. Beautiful pictures. Beautiful post. Beautiful you!
ReplyDelete;)
ReplyDelete