Friday, March 5, 2010

scan0001
FLASHBACK FRIDAY
May 11, 2002
The infamous "grown-woman/child-with-a-bottle" photo
Seriously? Why didn't anyone tell me? Oh yeah.......all my friends were childless and in their twenties and didn't think it was strange at all for a 3 year old to drink chocolate milk out of a bottle. And my parents....all of them....so graciously, and patiently, let us raise Kaitlin without interference, so as for us to make our own mistakes and learn from them. Thank you for that by the way.
But seriously? She's over THREE YEARS OLD. She holding a baby bottle!!! It contains 28 milligrams of chocolate sugar in it, I'm guessing. And look at that smile. You know what that smile is saying? It's saying......"the world is my oyster, and this woman is a sucker! "
It kind of makes me wonder.....what am I doing right now as a parent that will embarrass me in 10 years? Food for thought. I know, I know. I was young. I was doing my best. She was showered with love. blah, blah, blah........ She was spoiled rotten! :) She turned out pretty great though. Thank goodness for the parental learning curve, and the grace of God.

1 comment: