Thursday, June 17, 2010

Twenty10:169

DSC_7928
Funny Story.
Kaitlin has a bad habit of leaving her leftovers in the fridge unlabeled, and I have a bad habit of eating them. The last time I ate her leftovers, she freaked on me....and I mean FrEaKeD, and I promised I would NEVER do it again. Oops, never say never. 
SO- Tuesday she brought home some leftover strawberry cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. She amd Mama ate there today, and were nice enough to bring home what was left of Kaitlin's cheesecake.....PLUS an extra piece for Jack. As I was unpacking the little styrofoam boxes from the bag of leftovers (leftovers are one of my weaknesses) I was delighted to see that one of the boxes contained a piece of cheesecake that still had a few bites left. I was in the middle of a conversation with Eric (and we all know I can't do 2 things at one time) and didn't give two thoughts to opening that box and taking a few bites of the deliciousness. I left a little bit in the box, put it in the fridge, and went on with my day. A couple of hours later, I heard a very loud scream that sounded like Kaitlin shouting  Moooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What followed this scream was something I won't record, but let's just say there were tears, and words, and she was Stark Raving M.A.D.
After her raging fit was over, she stormed to her room with eyes full of tears, and I could.not.believe what I had just done. I had promised her I would never touch her leftovers again. ever. And I did it without a thought. And BOY did I not realize whather reaction would be! I felt terrible. And a little scared. So I drove to Longhorn. We were about to sit down for dinner, but I couldn't eat. Keep in mind I have done this to her countless times, and she had finally had it. I know that the cheesecake at Longhorn's is not the same as Cheescake Factory cheescake, but it was the closest thing in the area. So Kaitlin was happy by the end of the night, I learned a very valuable lesson about eating her leftover's, and she learned one too (see photo above~ Eric and I laughed out loud when we opened the fridge and saw this today). Thank you Debi for calling me at the perfect time! God knew I needed someone to talk to on the way to Longhorn. :)

2 comments:

  1. this story made me laugh, because my brother is notorious for eating my left-overs; no matter what I do. I even put notes for him not to eat it and he still does. I think he does it just to annoy me; brothers<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah!! drama!!
    not funny and SO funny at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete