We (aka: my children) are already trying to fight the summer bordom blues. We had a little family meeting today (Eric, be so glad you weren't here for this one). I explained to the kids that we are on a tight budget, and that we are going to have to get creative when it comes to summer entertainment. I'm going to do my best to keep them busy with the hope that lots-o-activities will help control the fighting between them. They are at an all time WWF wrestling high, and I can't handle it. They will fight over anything. They will yell at each other because one of them accidentally breathed in the same room as the other. Really guys? I belive they might have teamed up secretly and made a pact to see how many times they can drive me to the point of screaming in chinese this summer. Eric and I watched a show called The Middle last night. It is as if the writers had been following us around for months and wrote several episodes about our current lives. I laughed so hard. I will watch that show weekly now, just to keep my spirits up that this indeed, is normal. Whatever that is......
~i love the editing in the photo.....i had to add this one~


In the second picture,not only is Kaitlin stunning, but she also looks so much like you, Suzy! Such beautiful ladies!
ReplyDeleteAnd since you mentioned being on a tight budget, (and knowing what a big bowler Beth is), I thought I'd pass along this site...kids can bowl two games for free every day of the summer. You just have to pay for shoe rental. Not a bad deal! http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/
First, I LOVE the second picture... AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I am sorry the kids are already at eachother's throats and summer just began. Hopefully it will get better. But like Gretchen mentioned,there is free bowling, there is also free movies at the theatres (I think you just have to pay a $1).
This may be a little young for your kids but you can make more appropriate for them but I cut up a quaker oats canister and decorated it and I put slips of paper in it with different things to do on each slip. I am going to let Ansley pull out of it each day to see what we are going to do. Somethings are small as others are a day long activity. Just thought it would keep things interesting.
I had to scroll back up to make sure that was Kaitlin and not YOU in the last photo. I've never seen her look more like you. WOW!
ReplyDelete