Saturday, May 29, 2010

Twenty10:149

DSC_7916
Hayes and his dog Simba (M-ba....as he calls him)
We had some friends over for dinner tonight, and they brought along their son, Hayes, and their beautiful dog, Simba. I got this picture of Hayes feeding Simba. I laughed when I saw this through the camera. This is how he feeds him everyday. Simba is so gentle when he takes the food out of Hayes' hand. It doesn't look like it, but he never bites down on his hand. There is a very sweet love between this dog and his family. Simba won our hearts over tonight.......weetest dog on earth. He is not doing so well though. He's got cancer and doesn't have long to live. His parents and brother spend every waking moment with him. It made me so sad to watch them all interact knowing this. They've had Simba for 11 years. This is their baby. I took a lot of pictures of them together. I have something special planned for this one. The kids and Eric want a dog so bad they can't stand it. I told them we could get one when we move and have a yard again. I get it now. Dogs make life better. They bring families together. I want that for my kids, but especially for my husband. I finally get it.

1 comment:

  1. such a special moment you caught between them! ... I have been promising Rob we would get a dog for almost 5 years, but we got pregnant and then there was no way I was going to take care of a dog, then we moved, and we have the best yard now for one, but now with two little ones, I need a bigger house before we get a dog :)

    I guess there will always be a reason?

    ReplyDelete