
We spent the weekend in Big Canoe with Angie, Joe, and the kids. It was beautiful and peaceful and really relaxing. I was so excited to spend some time with all of both of our families in one house because this is a rare occasion. Thank you Angie and Joe for hosting and making a yummy breakfast! We had a fun time playing a really weird game after the kids went to bed. I learned that Eric is a good speaker and that Angie always follows the rules. I also learned that I am a terrible speaker and that, according to Eric, I exaggerate A LOT. I never really knew that about myself, which tells you how unaware I am of my true self, because holy cow I DO exaggerate. No wonder Jack and Kaitlin are both dramatic people! How did I not know this? And for the record Eric....it is a LARGE pond, not a small one, and there are PLENTY of HUGE rolling hills. :)

I was very excited to get some really great pictures this weekend. Big Canoe is nothing but beauty everywhere you look. I am not sure what happened, but the pictures turned out terrible. I know these are random...but they are the only ones that were half way decent and not blurry or too bright. Clearly I have a lot to learn.

Kaitlin had a great time with all the little ones. She adores these kids. Jack had a rough time for reasons we all know about. Life is just rough for him. He is not a lover of exercise so the hike that we went on was not his idea, but he survived and did way better than we thought he would! He does not like being away from home so we knew he was going to act out. Honestly, for Jack, he was pretty good. He had more good moments than bad, and Angie's family is very kind and patient. I know Angie and Joe got a taste of our everyday battle with our strong-willed child and I am sure they are counting their blessings for their very well behaved and obedient children. I don't think many of our friends know what we go thru everyday with Jack.

(can you believe the look on his face?...so funny)
But despite our daily struggle with what counselors call "Oppositional Defiance Disorder"....man we love him. And we have to give Kaitlin props for being such a trooper as his sister! She loses her patience...... but she is, for the most part, a saint with him.
It was a really lovely weekend and praise GOD for the amazing weather!!!!!! It was so perfect all weekend. What a blessing! We look foward to another Big Canoe getaway soon!
love this! you pretty much summed up our weekend...and yes, i am def a stickler for the rules!! no hiding that one :)
ReplyDeletewe had so much fun with you guys! kaitlin was such a big help and jack just makes me smile. i am so glad we got a chance to get away together. we need to start planning the next trip so that we have something to look forward, too!
love the picture of your kiddos...so sweet!