Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DSC_3407

So I'm driving home from a reeeeeeeeeally long day, full of events that if told, you would not believe, so I won't go there, and my kids decided to be really cute, after a wholelotta not so cute moments today, and all of the events of the day became unimportant and meaningless.....except for the 619 that keeps stalking me, but that's a long story.
Kaitlin was talking about what a wimp she is and how much she hates that about herself, which led to a conversation about adoption (because she says she could never give birth....too painful). She went on to say that she wants 4 boys, all exactly like Silas, adopted from Ethiopia, and began naming them. The first will be Silas Carter...after his namesake. The second Jonah Teriku. She is still undecided on the other 2. She even began, in true Kaitlin fashion, to stress about how she would ever find a man who will agree to all of this, and have enough money to let her stay at home and send her kids to private school.....(I believe she looks up to my friend Angie a whole lot)....so I explained that we will leave all of that up to prayer. :)
And then Jack chimes in.....

DSC_3304

(this photo was taken yesterday as Jack was drying his own hair (his idea) ....guess he decided he wanted to be big.)

.....and explained that he wants to marry Kayle from his class and have 2 kids. He wants to name his daughter Mia Murphy and his son, Connor. He also explained that he will take care of the little girls and let his wife take care of the boys. :) He has always gotten along with girls better than boys, except for his cousins, of course.

So after a very loooooooong day, and more emotional breakdowns from my children than I can count, their cuteness warmed my heart......and all is good. Thank you God.....you heard my prayer and you answered.

And now I must go find the nearest bar of soap....to wash out the mouths of my lovely children (you know....the ones that warmed my heart such a short time ago), whom are now yelling at each other and calling each other freaks as I type these words. Well, it was nice while the moment lasted.

1 comment:

  1. i love kaitlin and her heart for adoption. so very cool to see that in her at such a young age. and so very sweet that she wants to name her sons silas and tariku...made me smile.

    i wanted to name my kids christian and cassette when i was younger...what?! :)

    ReplyDelete