Monday, November 9, 2009

The.Blank.Stare

DSC_3023_edited-1




Recognize this look? It's called the blank stare. I start off looking normal on Monday morning, but by Friday afternoon, this is what I look like. Funny thing is....I remember this same look on my mother's face growing up. I wasn't sure what she was thinking about, but I knew it was nice. She has a slight smile on her face and she wouldn't blink, and if I asked her a question, she would answer me with "ah-ha"...when the question clearly needed a more specific answer. Now I understand. She wasn't thinking of anything at all. She was merely visiting a wonderful place called Ican'thearwhatyouaresayingbecauseIamchoosingtotuneyououtforsurvivalpurposes-land. You know that place. It's the one parents visit by accident after a long day of work and listening to their children fight and make irrational demands. I visit this wonderful place often. It keeps me alive on days like today.
Don't get me wrong. My children are lovely people, and I love them more than the air that I breathe. But this magical place is one I love very much. It's a place where all the noises are blurred into one soft sound, like the waves in the ocean, and I can hear what people are saying, but I am not able to respond because my brain ran out of thoughts as a result of over stimulation, so it I just ride the waves in the I can no longer think today ocean.
So if you ever see me with this look on my face, please don't disturb me. Let me enjoy my moment of peace. While the look may be creepy, it means that I am in my happy
place where my brain can rest from a long day. Or maybe I have low blood sugar, I don't know, but it's nice.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! I feel like this many days, you aren't alone. I hope you are enjoying your happy place right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i visit that place but my look is not nearly as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I can relate to this!!! I love it! You seriously have the most beautiful complexion I have ever seen! xo

    ReplyDelete