Kaitlin was inducted (or as I've been referring to it as "induced") into the Jr. Beta Club today. You have no idea how proud I felt in that audience. MY KID...straight A's, BETA CLUB, really? Not that I am surprised. This is her. She's a totally humble, but classic over-acheiver. I got a little teary eyed listening to the speakers. It felt like yesterday that I was holding this tiny little newborn, wondering who she would grow up to be....if she'd be anything like me....praying that she wouldn't! Thank you Jesus! LOL. I am so proud of this girl.
She was chosen by her teachers based on grades, behavior, leadership, and envolvement. She has several friends in the same boat, which made me proud too, because it means she's hanging with the right crowd. All in all it was just a really great day and I could not be more proud of this girl. It turns out that she IS a lot like her mama, only waaaaaay better. And as my mom always says, our goal as mothers is to have children and raise them to be better than we are.
Mama and Nick bought her a new dress for this occasion....I wish I had it in my size. Pure cuteness.
Kate and her BF Jenna (jenna-boo-boo)

This is Kaitlin and two of her friends Tess and Lizzie. I had to add this one in to show how much taller she is than girls her age......hello basketball!
WOW!! so proud of kaitlin!! and SO proud of you for doing such a great job with her!
ReplyDeletei miss you and CANNOT wait to spend the whole weekend with you guys...so fun!!
Way to go Kaitlin!!! What an awesome achievement to have received... And Suzy you should pat yourself on the back, you and Eric have done a wonderful job raising such a bright daughter :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Kaitlin! What an amazing achievement! And congrats to you Suz for being such a wonderful mother and being apart of your children's education. It is one of the most important things as a parent. Kaitlin is really going to like Beta Club. It was one of my favorites in High School.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You should be so proud, girl! What an exciting time for your sweet family!
ReplyDelete