Thursday, April 8, 2010

Twenty10:97

DSC_6646
This was our dinner tonight. Chicken smothered in sauteed spinich and onions, topped with tomato slices and sprinkled with cheese. Sliced potatoes, cooked in coconut oil, and a dab of ranch on the top of each individual slice. Really Eric? You can be such a pain (as I can too), but you make up for it with all the love you put into feeding our family! My goal for this sumer is to learn how to cook. I don't want to take over as the chef in the family because Eric loves his role in our house, but I would like to be able to whip up a meal like this on a whim.

DSC_6611

{This was supposed to be my picture of the day but when you hand a camera like mine over to someone who has never used one, this is the result. Blur, grain, and yuck. I tried to salvage what I could so I could record this day in my book at the end of the year}.

These are my Kindergarten teacher friends (minus half of them who were out of town). Rebecca is about to have her second little boy. She's been in the hospital on bed rest for 3 months now, which I can't fathom. I can't sit still for 5 minutes! She is so happy to be home now and spending time with her son Anderson before Jackson arives, and we were so happy to see her tiny, pretty little self outside of the hospital! I love these girls. They have carried me through this year, not to mention given me many, many laughs. You have to maintain a sense of humor as a teacher or you will go crazy, and I think we accomplish that!

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to have a hubby that can cook incredible meals!!! I may need to ship him down to Orlando to cook for my family some time! :)

    ReplyDelete