I can't believe I have made it to day 100 with this project!! And the best part about it is that I somehow am off by one day. hehe. Today should be day 101. But I am always a little bit off, so why start being "on" now? That's not me.
We are having a contest in our little foursome family. I have had it with the complaining and whining that I hear in my house on a regular basis. Eric is always complaining about his job being so stressful and how the kids don't listen. Jack complains about just about everything. Kaitlin complains about being bored or having to help me around the house. blah, blah, blah. We grabbed some Mexican food after church today and it hit me. I wake up happy and inspired, but am quickly brought down by negative complaining and whining. I decided to challenge my whiny family to a contest. And the biggest complainer loses. We each picked something (that costs nothing) we really wanted if we are the winner of the contest. For every verbal complaint, each person gets a strike. 3 strikes and your out. I am so going to win this game. The good thing is, my kids are becoming aware of the negative thought patterns and words that are robbing them, and people around them of happiness. I want them to be aware that when they complain and whine, everyone around them is affected. But the person affected the most is them. Your actions often follow your thoughts and words and lead you down a very depressing and negative life. I do not want my kids to be negative thinkers. It has been a very peacful day. We have gotten competative about it. Every word that comes out of our mouth is thought out carefully. I'm loving this.

That is an excellent idea! Thanks for the post!
ReplyDeleteBRAVO! suzy, you know i am loving this post. I think this is a fantastic idea, and a very clever way to get your point across to the kids. Nothing wrong with venting, but I agree that a *constant* negative attitude is contagious!
ReplyDelete