I snapped this photo of Mr. Jack at the pool the other night. I just think it may be the cutest one I've taken in a loooong time. I love the expression on his face. Like, "Hey look at me, I'm all tough and cute with my water gun."
Now for the story behind the new header. You know, I just figured since I'm pretty much a regular blogger that in order to be in the "in crowd" of the blog world I needed a fancy schmancy blog header. Until this summer I just did not have the time to invest in such a chore....and let me tell you, it was a chore. It took 3 different websites, a video tutorial, and a professional web disgner to produce this baby! Appparently you have to have a degree in Photoshop and a Master's in Blogging to acheive a really fancy one. I dont have the patience to go beyond the "one picture" header. (a header is the rectangular advertisement portion at the top of a website.)
So I had a cute idea for a photo that I thought would jazz up this blog. After bribing my children with ice cream, we went outside for the impromptu shoot. 1,245 pictures later...I gave up. It seemed as if the stars were not aligned for a photo shoot with my lovely children. I spent 30 minutes watching them hit each other, call each other names, and then throw on a really fake, almost constipated looking smile when I would threaten them with groundation. It was rediclous. I almost decided yo change the name of my blog to fourever insanity.
So after putting on my own fake, constipated smile and kindly asking those lovely children to go inside before I scream at them in front of the neighbors, I decided I would take a look at the damage. Then I saw this photo....and all of the sudden I was glad I chose not to scream at them. In the midst of this rediculous and very much forced photo shoot came this adorable picture. They were both laughing at me at the time. I had asked them to open their eyes on 3 so I could snap this adorable and completely unspontaneous moment, and they both started laughing at me, almost as if to say..."Are you crazy lady? The sun is blaring in our eyes!" I took the picture anyway. Good thing it turned out cute. I don't know how we could have endured another attempt. Good times....and a very cute blog header.


No comments:
Post a Comment