Tuesday, June 16, 2009

best buds

DSC_0115_edited-1
Camden and Jack
neighborhood pool
June 15, 2009
I need to take a moment to recognize a special relationship in my life. No...I am not talking about the one between me and my Nikon, I am talking about Camden (my precious nephew) and Jack's friendship. I'll make it short and sweet, or maybe not. Jack wants to BE Camden. Yesterday at the pool as we were packing up and leaving, Jack put his shirt on, and then ran up to me minutes later handing me the same shirt he had just put on. I said, "No Jack, put that on, we are leaving. And he said, "I don't want it on, I want to be like Camden." And he said this was these huge lit up eyes and this rediculous smile to follow....as if to say, isn't he AWESOME? Nothing makes Jack happier than going over to my sister's house to be with his cousin's. It's where Jack's inner "chi" lives....so he is never as at peace as when he is sitting in the giant chair with his boys watching them play video games and commentating the process through stories and sound effects. And have I mentioned that Jack is the loudest human on this earth? Camden shows no bother by this. He is the sweetest most patient child I have ever met and handles Jack like a very calm grown man. I love their bond, but more importantly, I love Camden and how he is with my Jack.

DSC_0102_edited-2
Can't you just see the sweeteness in Camden's eyes?.....and the mischief in Jacks?

3 comments:

  1. How lucky they are to live so close to one another have that special bond!... Suz, that first picture of them with the umbrella is awesome! I sure hope the photography blog has an entry where you can use that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack looks just like you in that second picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. I love your style. Absolutely LOVE it. And I love your little description of their friendship too. So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete