Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Graduate

DSC_3241
Off to Kindergraten we go!
May 30, 2009
School's out celebration
It's hard to believe, for some parents, that their child is going off to Kindergarten. But I think some parents feel differently when it's their baby. We are not asking ourselves, "Where did the time go?...... or telling ourselves, "I can't believe he is going to be in Kindergarten! Nope....not with the baby. We only ask ourselves..."what the heck took so long!" I feel as though time certainly flies at warp speed when you are raising children...but sending the baby off kindergarten is a wonferful experience for Eric and I. It is sad to think that there are no more babies, no more sippy cups, diapers, tantrums, nap times, or baby feet. But I'm slowly getting over that. I'm learning to live vicariously through my friends who have tiny ones. You know....love them and them give them back to their parents? I'm learning to embrace the concept of sleeping in and being able to pick up and go anywhere on a dime. And I am certainly NOT going to miss the $500.00 a month daycare fee.
I think if I was a stay at home mom I'd be flipping out right now. I'd probobly want to have another baby so I could hang on to these precious "little ones" days. I feel way too young to say goodbye to them for sure, but since I have to, I am choosing to love it. I will have both of my kids at work with me every day. I will no longer give 1/4th of my paycheck to daycare expenses. And I will no longer have to feel that crazy mommy guilt of making my child sit in after school everyday (albeit only for an hour....I still can't take it. I'm a stay at home mom at heart...working only because I have to...and resenting every moment that I am not with my kids after school)
To celebrate the end of another very short school year...we spent the day at the pool with Eric's friend Chad, his 2 kids Skylar and Nick, and my niece and nephew. I really wanted to relax at the pool and not be a photo stalker so I left the camera at home, but I should have brought it. There is no way to relax when you are in charge of 6 kids (the boys were in charge of the cooler and people watching :)). I followed the kids around anyway, and I missed some great photog moments. I did, however, get some cute shots of Jack with his graduation hat on...don't you think? Could this little stinker be any cuter?
SUMMER TIME!!!!!

DSC_3240_edited-1
you gotta laugh at his graduation attire....the boy HATES to dress up. 100% cotton...100% of the time, and I see no logical reason to fight it.
DSC_3233
Nick, Skylar, and cutie pie
DSC_3234
cutie pie...totally worn out from a long day in the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment