Friday, May 15, 2009

Flashback Friday

8th grade
1992
Eric and I: My 13th birthday party: I remember my friends all being really giddy about the fact that I had a "boyfriend" from another school....and he was TALL, and a football player!!Oooooh....ahhhhhhhhh.
1992: Me, Eric, Corey Butchko, Laura Merchant
This phot0 was taken 17 years ago at a cheerleading competition. That whole "17 years ago" thing is really hard to swallow. Eric and I were a few months into our little 8th grade relationship. I don't look too thrilled, but it has nothing to do with Eric. I was being a brat because we had lost the competition to Walton, and they did not deserve it (of course, right?) I remember being mad at my mom for wanting to take a picture when I was in such a bad mood. Looking back on this makes me see how similar Kaitlin and I are. She gets really down after a loss too and pouts just like this!!!! What I LOVE about this picture is that Eric is smiling. Little did he know...he had his arm around his future wife! A woman who would someday BEG for a picture of him smiling like that! Awwwwwww. It is still neat to look back on these photos because I had no idea I would marry him and have 2 kids with him someday....just thought he was this cute boy I wanted to "go out with" for a little while. Funny.
Hey Beth and Nick- thanks for giving Eric and I a night to ourselves! We are enjoying our computer time without the kids running in here fighting or tattling on each other. We all know what happens to the kids when we get on the phone or the computer!


No comments:

Post a Comment