Sunday, December 27, 2009

DSC_4362
DSC_4412
Kaitlin has now been playing basketball for 3 seasons and I have yet to really document much of any of it. The reason is because I have become picture snob, and I can't take how bad my pictures have been in the past because of bad gym lighting and a lack of the right equipment. I got a lens this week that has changed that. It made me very happy to see decent pictures of her playing. Most of the 60 pictures I took were still blurry, but no where near as bad as in the past. Again....thank you Steve for letting me have this lens!!! It has made me so happy!! It's a simple 18-70mm but it handles movement really well and takes in a surprising amount of light. I also love the fishbowl effect it gives some pictures and I love that I can take large group shots without backing up 100 ft.

DSC_4393
Her team has won the first 2 games of the tournament and will play one, maybe 2 more. Kaitlin has played really well, scoring 15 points so far! (I could be wrong on that....Nick will correct me if I am. She may have more.) She's such an athlete and I love watching her play. I hope she sticks with it through the years because I'd love to watch her play high school ball someday! It's a really low maintnace sport and it's a fantastic workout. I get tired just watching those girls run for a solid hour!

DSC_4387
She has several good friends on her tournament team so that makes playing more fun. She busts her butt out there and she has learned to handle getting screamed at by her coach pretty well if she makes a mistake. Now if we could just get Jack to like watching it....we'd be golden. Most of the games are spent trying to occupy him as he climbs on me and whines about hating the noise or the experience all together. :) Next time I will not forget to bring entertainment for him. Poor guy throws himself on the floor when we mention her having a game.
GREAT job KK!!!!! We love to watch you play!!!!

2 comments:

  1. 18 points...but who is counting....NICK! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those pictures are perfect for being taken in a florescent lighted gym! YAY for new lenses!

    ReplyDelete