Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kaitlin turns 10! (The story at the bottom)

This is the bag full of goodies and bouquette of flowers Beth and Eric bought Kaitlin on her birthday. I was in bed sick and they worked together to makes sure Kaitlin felt special when she got home from school. My mom picked her up from school and brought her home to this. She was so happy. Without everyone's effort she would have come home to a mess of a house, a very sick mom, and no sign of her birthday. I didn't even have to blink and everyone was there taking care of everything. My family just came together and made this entire weekend happen. I cried in bed during the party, but I recovered...don't worry about me.

This is a great shot of the some of the party crew!

Kaitlin and Jenna


Kristin and Jessica
Two of my best girls....They came to celebrate and assist in my absense. Jessica was at the hosiptal within 3 hours of Kaitlin's birth and was excited to be a part of her 10th birthday. At the party, Kristin lovingly shared her favorite cheese nachos with Jack and made him a very happy boy. I didn't know you shared your food Kristin???

Jack and Carsyn
Jack looks like he's auditioning for a spot on the Jonas Brothers (Eric thought of that one)


The Story

This weekend was Kaitlin's 10th birthday. I managed to contract a terrible case of the flu on Wednesday and just went back to work today. Needless to say, I missed the entire weekend. I was in bed for 4 solids days and not doing so well the other 2. It was heartbreaking to miss Kaitlin's first DOUBLE DIGIT birthday but that is life. She had an awesome party...24 kids from school at the skating rink. She said it was her best birthday ever....music to my ears considering I wasn't there. haha
I want to thank my mom, Beth, Eric, Cindy, Jessica, and Kristin for pulling together and helping make all of this happen while I was sick. Beth, you were at my house 2 hours after my doctors appointment making soup and decorating for Kaitlin's big day. Amazing. Mom and Cindy- you jumped right to helping me and making sure everyone was taken care of. Eric- you blew me away! You handled the last 6 days with ease. Not easy to deal with 24 kids and a birthday party without your wife! I love you and appreciate all of you and your help over the last week!
It is hard to believe that my girl is 10 years old. I've been a mom for a decade! Maybe that explains my sudden illness...I'm exhausted! Happy birthday Kaitlin! I love you!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment