Last night I made a bold and brave desision. I was going to read the instruction manual for my camera. I was tired of taking pictures with a very expensive camera and feeling like my pictures looked like they were taken with a throw away. Every time I have tried to read the manual in the past I have been overwhelmed with all the information and closed the book in hopes that just keeping it on "auto" and photoshopping every picture would satisfy me. Then I came to the realization that I do not have the time to photoshop every picture so it was time to learn how to use my camera.
After three hours, and pages of notes, detailing every single setting and its options and possibilites, I finally know how to work my camera. I learned all about aperature, ISO sensitivty, shutter speed, white balance, P,S,A, and M modes, and much much more. I was able to figure out that all this time, my camera has been set on the LOWEST quality in each and every one of these settings. I even learned that you can customize the quality settings and choose your own levels of brightness, tone compensation, satuation, sharpness, and vivedness, to name a few (which I am still playing with). This is what I usually spend 30 minutes fixing in phototshop every time I post a picture.
There are options and terms I have not fully investigated but atleast I know have a properly functioning camera. My ISO sensitivy was set on 100, which is the setting it comes set on, but for true clarity it should be on HI 1 (3200). That may not make any sense to you, but the pictures below should drive my point home. There is nothing wrong with my camera. I just didn't know how to use it! I took these pictures of my neice today to practice with 4 of the settings on their new settings/speeds. I was so overjoyed with the results that I was jumping up and down in my yard! What I use to spend 30 minutes doing in photshop is now pre-set in my camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pictures in the next post are completely UNTOUCHED using the P,A, and auto modes. They came straight from my camera. All it took was 3 or so hours with the manual and BAM! The quality is SO much better and now my photshop options are unlimited. I can't wait to have more time to play and learn!
If you have a Nikon D40, D40X, or D90, I will be happy to explain how to set all of your functions/settings at their highest levels to produce to clearest pictures possible for your camera (depending on the lens). Or maybe I am the last to figure this out! If you saw what my orignal pictures looked like before without photoshop, you would not believe I owned an expensive camera.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment