
Everyone has guilty pleasures. My guilty pleasure is Us magazine. When I get it in the mail, I have a rule. Everyone has to leave me alone while I indulge in mindless entertainment. The kids will come up and try to ask me to do something for them and I will give me the "turn around and walk away" signal. They now know not to even bother when I am reading my Us, atleast Kaitlin does. For some reason, despite the fact that I rarely watch T.V or movies, I do love my Us magazine. It's my guilty pleasure.
We went to Atlanta for a family sleep over at our friends Jessica and Craig's Friday. Jess and I took the kids to blockbuster for a movie. Kaitlin saw her favorite singers on the cover of Bop magazine and asked if she could by it. She begged actually. The kind of begging I rarely see from her....begging is Jack's specialty. I said yes and we left with a movie and a copy of Bop. As we piled in the car, I turned around to ask Kaitlin a question and she gave me the "don't talk to me" signal. She then went on to say "don't talk to me while I'm reading my magazine". Jessica and I bust out laughing. (Jessica and Craig will come over to our house and Jess and I will each have a copy of Us or In Touch and we will sit on opposites ends of the couch and not speak for over an hour. So Jessica understands where Kaitlin is coming from.)
The next morning as we were gathering our stuff to leave, I walked into the guestroom of Jessica's house to see my 9 year old daughter soaking up her own version of mindless entertainment...her new Bop magazine. I had to get a picture. I already know she is watching me, but it hits me harder when stuff like this happens. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! She better not get use to this!
No comments:
Post a Comment