Wednesday, May 21, 2008

lately

Things have been great. Eric's 30th birthday was may 12th so we celebrated last weekend. most of his family (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents) were there and a few friends. I made the mistake of planning the party on a weekend where a friend's bachelor party was already taken place so most of his friends could not be there. oops! Regardless it was a great time. perhaps the most memorable part of the night was when jack received his new "moniker". We set up a volleyball net in the back yard for both volleyball and badminton. We played a game and Jack was my partner. He was having a hard time hitting the little ball with his mini racket so he started slamming the racket into the ground and grunting in frustration. His temper can be quite entertaining at times. Guerry Madgison was playing with us and his said "Oh My God...it's Jackinroe!" I about fell to the ground in laughter. For anyone who knows tennis, you will also know that one if its legends, John Mackenroe, is famous for losing his temper on the court and throwing his racket in anger. So Jackenroe it is....perfect for my little red headed fire cracker!

Kaitlin has had a fabulous 48 hours! She finished her season as the top player on her softball team and was asked to play for the park's All-Star team. Were in! She also received SEVEN awards on honors day, one being the honor roll for straight A's ALL YEAR! (yes, she is my biological child). On top of all of this, I received her 3rd grade competency test scores back and she blew it out of the water, exceeding in almost all subjects. Today, it all hit me. It's time for a mini-van, a bumper sticker, and a really vein Christmas letter stating how fabulous my children are! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!

No, really, I never imagined I would produce a child like this. However, I did pray (because my mom told me to) that my children would be better than me in every way. Mission accomplished! I am a very proud mom, but I promise...no bumper stickers.

It's been a great week. Much better than last week. I am still tired and overwhelmed with work but summer is almost here so I can suck it up! When you are a teacher, you are either excited to go to work, or your counting down the days. It all depends on the kids you get. This year, I have a group of boys that takes everything out of me and more. I pray that next year I can get a break from discipline issues and actually get to really teach! We'll see. I have a few pics to share that will come later.....my sister has my camera cord. I do have some pics from the party though...fun times!

If anyone is reading this and can tell me how to connect to your blogs on my page, that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment